Living your dreams and life's purpose is essential to fully express your true essence and contribute to the world in the best way possible. It's a lot more difficult to achieve if you're constantly overtaken by your noisy mind and if your body is breaking down. Regardless if you want to travel, build a house, give lectures, do research in a lab, teach, knit, or raise children, mental and physical health is paramount.
Our modern minds are constantly stimulated and bombarded by external and internal content. We constantly think about stuff. At some point, the machine will break down! If I was running my washing-machine at that speed, it would fly apart in pieces.
With computers, cars, and televison, it's extremely easy to let our body go. That's without counting processed and junk food. When your body is in pain, it's easy to be focused on ourselves and our little booboos. We feel depressed and our physical abilities are limited. This is a real roadblock in fulfilling our purpose.
One day, I discovered yoga. I realized that while doing poses, my body was regaining strength, but also that my mind was slowing down. I'm an ex-workaholic and this was definitely a new feeling. I was really grateful for that. Your mind is not you. Therefore by stopping my mind, I was able to discover my true essence.
A while back, I was telling an acquaintance I liked yoga and that person replied to me that they didn't like it because it was too slow and nothing was happening. This really go me thinking. The mind doesn't want to be stopped. It wants to be under the delusion that it's progressing because it's noisy and moving fast.
Now, the body can be moving fast, but it doesn't mean that your mind can't be calm! Your mind is a "it". It's not you. The constant worry, duelling, comparing, and ego is not you.
I'm not telling you to go do yoga. I'm simply telling you to look at your mind and your health. Can you change something to lift that roadblock (if you have one)?
Here is what I do, if it can be of any use to you:
- I sleep 8 hours
- I get up at 6h20
- From 6h30 to 7h00, I do yoga without judgment of the selected poses.
- From 7h00 to 7h10, I lay on my yoga mat and meditate. I simply repeat the following phrases without paying attention at the million thoughts my mind fires at me.
- I get up, take a shower and get dressed.
- I make myself a very green smoothie and sit down with a healing meditation track, my juice, and my vision board. For 30 minutes, I browse my board and build a positive spirit.
- I brush my teeth and floss. Yes I do.
- At 8h00am, I go to work an during that 1 hour commute, I read self-improvement books.
- At lunch time, I eat a super healthy salad and I spend one hour doing a hobby such as crochet hook to relax my mind.
- On my way back from work, I continue reading self-improvement books or write a blog post. Morning and night, I make sure to take all the stairs and walk from the metro to work.
Who Am I? I'm many things. I'm passionate about tons of stuff. I love travel. I love self-improvement. I'm a sucker for optimization, efficiency, and minimalism. I renewed with mathematics and science, those are so amazing. Astronomy and chemistry are just plain awesome! I'm a student, a mentor, a traveler, a learner, an artist, an animator, and Disney brings me tears of joy! I love to grow and I will never stop! So who am I? All that and everything else I have not discovered about myself yet. It's a never ending answer!
Qui suis je? Je suis beaucoup de choses. Je suis passionné des tonnes de trucs. J'adore voyager. J'adore la croissance personnelle. Je suis vendue à l'optimisation, l'efficacité et le minimalisme. J'ai renoué avec les mathématiques et les sciences, des mondes tout simplement incroyable. L'astronomie et la chimie sont tout simplement génial! Je suis étudiante, mentor, voyageuse, artiste, animatrice et Disney m'apporte des larmes de joie! J'aime me pousser à fond et je ne cesserai jamais! Alors, qui suis-je? Tout cela et tout le reste que je n'ai pas encore découvert de moi-même. C'est une réponse sans fin!